Do you have a “WHY” story? This is a story the explains why you are in this business, in this area, at this time, working with these people (your team) and serving these people (your clients). It explains why your clients are important to you, apart from an income. It focuses on cool beginnings or restarts. It may include struggles or achievements. It includes what you’ve gained, learned, shared. It may include possibilities and dreams for the future. Your story may have a nemesis – including yourself, or a competitor, a fixed mindset, the status quo, or a war against mediocrity. Your story may include insights and predictions. Your story may include inspiration, mentors, trends, and shoulders of those you stood on to reach your success. It may include treasured quotes, proverbs, and wise words from those you respect.
TELL ME ABOUT YOU
What are your core competencies?
WHAT YOU SELL
- Describe your best customer in each category you serve why your business is important to them.
What stand out products do you offer?
- What stand out services do you offer?
- What one thing do you do better than your competition?
- What one thing does the competition offer that you wish you could?
- Walk me through how you process a client’s project in each area you serve.
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have a geographic territory?
- Where do you service your customers? (Retail setting, in-office or in-home, virtual, etc)
- Do you have a written guarantee?
- Do you have a referral program?
- Do you have partners or outsourced talent?
- Do you have products that you sell retail or wholesale?
- Who or what is your best salesperson?